Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Au Revoir’s and Cheerio’s


I am currently writing this post from the airport in Toronto, Canada. I left for SFO at 3:30 this morning and so far have gotten about one hour’s worth of unrestful airplane sleep. So I apologize if this post is somewhat dysfunctional and/or nonsensical. 

I am officially further away from home than I have ever been. As I sit here, I am excited about where I’m headed. But it has also been very hard to say goodbye to where I’ve come from. Goodbyes are hard to do. 

A few days ago my friend Brianne shared this quote with me. I pass it on to you: 

“You get a strange feeling when you’re about to leave a place, like you’ll not only miss the people you love, but you’ll miss the person you are now at this time and this place. Because you’ll never be this way ever again.” -Azar Nafis.

Goodbye America. Goodbye Canada. Goodbye friends. Goodbye church family. Goodbye work family. Goodbye biological family. I love you, I shall miss you, and I shall see you again.

Goodbye old self. I’m moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment